Rediscovering the territory: Sexuality in the Menopausal Years
Time & Location
About the Event
The physical and psychological changes of menopause can profoundly impact sexual function and satisfaction. A thorough understanding of these changes and of available accommodations, including the potential role of hormone therapy, benefits menopausal women and those educating or caring for them. With this information and a sex positive approach, women can continue to embrace healthy sexual expression throughout the postmenopausal years.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Name at least two physical changes in the vulva or vagina after menopause, and how they impact sexual function.
2. Describe the changes in the sex hormones with menopause, and how they may affect sexual expression.
3. List risks and benefits of both local and systemic hormone therapy.
Gretchen Frey, MD is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology. She attended medical school and residency training in Denver, Colorado, where she then practiced for over 30 years. Areas of special passion are menopause and hormone therapy, sexual difficulties and sexual pain syndromes, and hormone therapy for transgender individuals. She now primarily provides sexuality education to a variety of audiences.
- Choose your own price$15$150$0
- Choose your own price$20$200$0
- Choose your own price$25$250$0
- Choose your own price$30$300$0
- Add on: Asynchronous Recording$5$50$0