Cultural Competency and Quality Care for Trans and Non-Binary People
Time & Location
About the Event
This presentation will delve into creating a standard of care that is inclusive to trans and non-binary people. We will be discussing:
- Incorporating gender neutral language on intake forms and in session
- How to create better health outcomes for patients whose gender identity doesn’t match their sex assigned at birth
- Barriers for Accessing Care for gender non-confirming individuals, and best practices
- Come with questions, and be ready to explore the nuances of gender, sex, and professional competency.
Renae Taylor is an 46 year-old Black Disabled Non-Binary Trans Organizer located in Memphis, Tennessee. Renae Taylor is originally from Tupelo, MS. They are an HIV Educator and Activist associated with many HIV prevention organizations. They are also a National Advisory Board Member of Positively Trans. Renae is also a writer for The Unleashed Voice Magazine as their Trans correspondent. Renae is currently establishing their own Organization Transcend Memphis. Renae believes in the right to be Sex Positive and Reproductive Rights. Renae is seeking an Equitable Future for all Black and Brown people with multiple identities that intersect.
- Choose your price$15$150$0
- Choose your price$20$200$0
- Choose your price$30$300$0